Black felt box included
2 5/8″W x 3 1/8″H
In 1862, people watched the battle between the Monitor and the Merimack from Old Point Comfort. The British took control of the lighthouse during the War of 1812. With a Fresnel lens from the 1850s, it’s the oldest operational light on the Chesapeake Bay.
The white 54-foot high octagonal sandstone lighthouse was built in 1802. The keeper’s house was added in 1900. Originally, there were 11 oil lanterns that were reached via a stone spiral staircase, and were set in 14-inch reflectors which produced a light that could be seen 14 miles out to sea.
The Old Point Comfort Lighthouse Ornament is an ideal gift for any lighthouse collector. Tom Pollard Designs specializes in designing the finest gold-plated brass lighthouse ornaments.