Cape Henry Lighthouse
Red felt box included
3 3/8″W x 2 5/8″H
Two Cape Henry Lighthouses stand at the mouth of the Chesapeake Bay. George Washington approved the building of the first lighthouse, and it was the first to be built by the newly established U.S. government (under the Constitution). Completed in 1792, the tower began to suffer damage during the Civil War, and required a second tower to be built in 1872.
The current black and white lighthouse was built of cast iron plated masonry 357 feet southeast of the original. It is 163 feet high and was first lit on December 15, 1881. The light can be seen 15 miles out to sea, flashing 3 white flashes within 20 seconds. The Cape Henry Lighthouse is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
The Cape Henry Lighthouse Ornament is an ideal gift for any lighthouse collector. Tom Pollard Designs specializes in designing the finest gold-plated brass lighthouse ornaments.